Tuesday, July 9, 2013

My homemade laundry soap

 
It has rained so much lately that I haven't had a lot of chances to sun my cloth diapers. Also, I bought some cheap detergent and have been using it for about 3 weeks. I have used all kinds of detergents for my diapers both higher end kinds that were gifts and homemade ones that I have loved. The urine and frankly poop smell just would not go away no matter how I rinsed or washed my diapers so I drew a line. I made my own detergent with what I had on hand. I make all kinds of "potions" and "concoctions" as my children say from soap, herbal oils and remedies to more exotic items. Today I just happened to make detergent.

This is what I put in it... grated plain Castile soap (yes I have a grater for soap only!), lavender EO, borax and baking soda. I stirred it all up with a wooden spoon and it worked like a charm. The diapers smelled great and are out on the line right now!

Problem solved....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...