Wednesday, October 23, 2013

End of October flower harvesting...

In Alabama the weather can be a strange thing sometimes. We have finally gotten some cool nights but the days can still be warm and sunny. Today was one of those days. Elaina and Ben and I collected some fresh flowers and herbs to replace dried ones hanging in the living room. I am especially happy that in the wild spot we let grow beside the house we have golden rod growing. I cut some but let some grow. My fennel flowered again. I added some green by clipping some rosemary and lavender....

Goldenrod

Some wild flowers that popped up




rosemary

lavender

fennel


our bouquet


Our bouquet's new home


Our old last season's dried bunch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...