Today during an errand at work in a large discount warehouse I witnessed several acts of random kindness. A stranger helping a young mother soothe a fussy baby, a white middle aged man helping an elder who was female and black (yes, those descriptors are necessary here in the South) who had dropped something under a shelf. I saw several people let others with less items in their carts go ahead of them in line. And as I was walking my buggy (shopping cart to my non-southern readers) a woman took it from me and put it away for me.
As I shared some of this with a friend he said when something is going wrong and the world just feels like it is full of hate to remember these moments. That meant a lot to me. That it all happened did lighten my day that started very heavy but sharing it with someone special and it having meaning for him meant a lot to me too. Others forget we need these small moments during our messed up busy lives. Living with our human family all around us is hard. Just recognizing the humanity in each of us can bring peace if you let it.
I created this blog to allow anyone who wishes to follow the life and times of Susan Betke and her family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cokes at work.....
I have been trying to drink less soda lately. A co-worker brought me a temptation. Thank you for the cokes.
-
Lyn has started yet another season of volleyball. She still enjoys it. Her team had their first game last week. They lost but I feel they ha...
-
I have been trying to drink less soda lately. A co-worker brought me a temptation. Thank you for the cokes.

No comments:
Post a Comment