I came across this book as I was looking for something else in the garage. I got it years ago when I was looking into becoming a doula. That's a lay birth attendant that helps support women before, during, and after labor. It was required reading for the course. I started to flip through it and decided to read it through again. It has probably been over 10 years since I've read it. It's only about 120 pages long. It's a great gift for a new mom that doesn't know what to expect from labor, childbirth, and the postpartum period. It doesn't sugar coat the unexpected moments or over dramatize trivial moments. I added a link below the book's picture to Google Books if you want to read an excerpt from the book.
I created this blog to allow anyone who wishes to follow the life and times of Susan Betke and her family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cokes at work.....
I have been trying to drink less soda lately. A co-worker brought me a temptation. Thank you for the cokes.
-
Lyn has started yet another season of volleyball. She still enjoys it. Her team had their first game last week. They lost but I feel they ha...
-
I have been trying to drink less soda lately. A co-worker brought me a temptation. Thank you for the cokes.

No comments:
Post a Comment