Saturday, August 8, 2009

Self Actualization


Becoming happy with one's self can be a life long goal that few acheive. Most of us look within ourselves or to others to find self actualization and meaning to our lives. Abraham Maslow proposed a psychological theory dealing with a hierarcy of needs. His explaination of the hierarcy of needs is often represented with a pyramid. According to Maslow bottom needs need to be fulfilled before self actualization can take place. This theory helps guide me through understanding of my life and those around me. If you look closely to many areas of thought from how children develop to the role of religions around the world you can see the role of Maslow's hierarcy of needs.





1 comment:

  1. Ahh, many times I have cited Maslow's hierarchy of needs! Will ponder this more... hmm, might go post about this... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...