Friday, October 5, 2018

Spider Lillies

I have always enjoyed these early Fall bloomers. I remember as a child thinking they were the strangest "old lady" flowers. Now I want them in my yard. I guess that is showing my age :) . A friend knows his way around bulbs and enjoys flowers a lot so I knew I had to get him some when I found some in a vacant lot. I remember when this lot used to be the yard of a "little old lady's" house. It was torn down as few years ago and nature has just claimed it right back quickly. But the bulbs still remain hidden till they are ready to bloom. As I approached the patch 3 yellow moths were feeding. I think you can see them in the picture. I won't deplete the patch but I will go back for some bulbs....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...