Saturday, August 17, 2024

Why away so long?



 I haven't been posting for quite a while. So much has happened in the past year. I guess I felt if I put it all out there it would be too real. I guess I could just start wit the most recent challenge. I had my second cataract surgery last week. Chemo wrecked my eyes. I didn't realize cataracts would be a side effect from chemo. I opted for the "magic eyes". I had two different types of lenses put in. I had to go into debt to do so. I am not sure how much life I have in me but at least I can see now. I may need readers but so far I don't have to use glasses daily. The first surgery went OK. But the anesthesia didn't work well for the second one. I could feel the needles in my eye. It felt like they were in my brain. I had more swelling but all is healing well. My brain is still trying to interpret the different signals Each eye is seeing the world differently. It is like hearing things in stereo. Both speakers work together to put the music, melody, and words together. I am doing that with my eyes now. It will probably take a full month after surgery to integrate it all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two years....

 Two years and a lifetime of challenges. I had recovered from my mastectomy. I was about to start chemo. I broke my wrist. Lost all of my ha...