Sunday, July 10, 2011

Two friends

Today was a good day. We had rain AGAIN and I was able to go to church and see two good friends. I have one friend who in my oldest daughter's words, "Has the same weird sense of humor you do, Mama". And my other friend I was able to touch base with for a moment was there. In her I have found a kindred spirit who shares some of the same mothering ideals that I do. Now since I will have some extra time on my hands I plan on connecting with them more. And to top it all off the sermon at church wasn't half bad. Some of the words touched a cord and made me think of the challenges a family member of one of my friends is going through. These words came into my head....

From the darkness of the womb the light of a child is born
From the darkness of chaos the universe burst into light
From the dark of night the light of day dawns
From the darkest thoughts the light of new ideas spring



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. You're very lucky to have such friends ;)

    I like the verse. <3

    ReplyDelete

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...