Saturday, November 11, 2017

Did anyone notice?

I changed the title of my blog. Did any of my 3 regular followers notice? I started out keeping up with several blogs about different topics. The two main blogs I updated regularly were my Magical Mothering and The life and Times of Susan Betke. One was for specific personal and magical thoughts and practices with my family. When I incorporated those aspects into almost daily life I renamed my main life and times blog Magical Mothering. I could never figure out how to mesh the two. Magical Mothering, the original, is still in the blogosphere. I have taken a different path recently in my spiritual life. This has happened for a lot of reasons. I have always struggled with depression and feeling all alone my whole life that I can remember. I tried joining the Unitarian Universalist Church so I could be a part of a community and still not feel any religious pressure. I explored my aloneness that has turned into unwanted independence. I was very comfortable with secular Paganism. I could celebrate the seasons with my children and teach them about nature. I could be different. I am so alone though. I need a community.

I took a drastic route. In February I started attending an Independent Baptist Church near my home. It has a private school that is small and meets my needs of the type of preschool through 12th grade schooling in a simple safe environment that I always wanted for my kids. I tried to duplicate that with homeschooling but since I have to work I could never devote the time I needed to the kids' education. Eliot and Evan started first and then when it was obvious Ben wasn't going to get the help he needed in the public school I moved him and Elaina to the school. When I changed jobs and Etta no longer got a big discount where I was teaching she joined everyone at the Academy. Eli still goes to regular daycare because it has longer hours for my work but he will probably join the others when he is 2 years old. I had to really save a lot and work extra to afford this school. The promotion  I recently received working with Early Intervention should help me financially even though I am not really enjoying the job. Grandparents helped but the burden is still mine. I hope I will be able to pull tuition together for next year.

I am exploring my faith boundaries. A church that uses more ritual may be more to my liking but the kids are really enjoying the church and activities. Ben, Evan, and Eliot are even in the choir. I am attending most functions and am trying to make friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...