Sunday, January 9, 2011

First waters...

Each year usually in September our church has a water communion service. We started our collection of waters today. It started to sleet and snow outside. There was some ice mixed in with some of our fire starting materials that were left outside. I collected some and Eliot and I put it in a jar. later we will transfer the water to a special jar I have stashed away. It needs to be cleaned and it will hold all of the water we collect between now and September. We will then add our water to others during a service. This year this ceremony will mean more to me. I have begun to focus on the basics in my life in order to simplify my life. For me simple predictable days would be very meaningful. Chaos reigns supreme for me most days. Focusing on simple things like water, wind, fire, and earth helps to keep me grounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...