Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A friend asked



A friend of mine asked me about what the Water Communion ceremony in September was all about. She thought we were planning on collecting water every day of our life until September. I explained to her that we will be collecting water from momentous moments in our lives. Like we did for the snow the other day. If we go anywhere like to the beach we will collect some sea water. Even when we just play in the sprinkler we will collect some water. The pictures in this post show us preparing a book / journal our "water log" (The kids thought that was funny.) It was an old journal of my grandparents who used to live in my house. There were a few pages in it with my grandmother's handwriting on it. We read them and added the pages to our fire. We then made an entry about our first water collection and the girls and I decorated. We will try to keep up with it till September. Annika is working on a water poem to be read in front of church on the day. The bottle in the picture where we are keeping the water was a gift from Sara and its shape and color is just perfect for this activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...