Wednesday, December 21, 2011

11 years ago....

11 years ago my second son, Connor, was born. I went to bed knowing I was going into labor. I knew I would get more rest at home so I did not tell my partner at the time so as not to worry anyone. Around 2am I was in enough pain that I could not stay in bed. I paced for a while and decided to go ahead and head to the hospital. I lived about 30 miles away and that seemed like one of the longest drives of my life. The rest is a bit of a blur. My mom arrived as soon as we got to the hospital. She only lived about 2 miles away. She stayed with me the whole time. Connor's birth went pretty quickly. The doctor was a bit impatient and used the vaccum extractor after I only pushed about 3 times. I am pretty sure if she would have let me just shift position and push one more time he would have come right on out. He was born at 7:47 am weighing 8 pounds and 3 ounces. He took to nursing right away. My mom was so surprised at how alert and vigorous he was. He was a pro at breastfeeding from the get go.

Happy Birthday Connor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...