Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Etta, 11 and a half weeks old

Little girl is growing slowly and is a big spitter upper but she is getting bigger.  She weighs over 9 pounds now. That only makes a little over 3 ounces a week which is a bit under the average 5 to 7 ounce weight gain for a breastfed girl. She has had what was probably croup so she had to use some growing energy to get better. Now that she seems better we may see a gain in weight.  She eats all the time. Now she will empty her stomach like Eliot did sometimes once a day sometimes more than once. I am pretty confident after she reaches 4 months old it will stop. Definitely at 6 months I think it will be under control. It is cold tonight so she is ready for bed in a sleep sack swaddle blanket. She sleeps cozy in it. I don't swaddle much. This one keeps the arms snug but the legs are fairly free in just a sack. No tight swaddling on my baby's hips and legs....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...