Friday, February 7, 2014

Over 9 pounds

Tiny Baby Etta weighs in at 9 pounds 7 ounces......

Slow and steady growth for a breastfed baby. She started out at 7 pounds one ounce. I am glad my mother gave us a baby scale. Since we have opted out of well baby visits it is nice to see how she is growing. I have a mother's instinct that because she has been batteling croup for so long it is compromising her growth. So much of her energy is being used to get well. Just my theory.....

Breastfeeding is going well physically.  I have plenty of milk as usual and after one quick round of mastitis all is well. Emotionally I really want to wean. I am so stressed out and touched out. I am having a love hate relationship with nursing. Dealing with pumping before work and not getting a break to pump at work is stressful.  I am having guilt that I just want to make it to 6 months. I am donating milk to an adopted baby too so there is guilt on weaning there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...