Wednesday, July 1, 2015

My new posters

I really like these new posters. I wanted to display them in my nursery classroom at my church but that is no longer my church. I no longer teach at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Birmingham. That was so hard to say. I have been a part of the children's program there for almost 9 years. For personal and professional reasons I no longer teach, am a member of  SEEC, or even attend the church. I am still agonizing over my decision. In the long run I believe it is best but I am still hurting. I tried so hard to fit in in a place that accepts everyone. I am going to be blunt. I finally felt so unwelcome because I am poor and have many children. I do not fit the mold of the typical rich privileged UU.  I felt I was used and taken advantage of. I am meeting with and organizing with individuals and families closer to me to help grow a new Unitarian Universalist fellowship in my county. It may be a long process but beliefs and convictions need to set roots somewhere sometime. Why not now....

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...