Saturday, August 18, 2018

Random acts of kindness...

Today during an errand at work in a large discount warehouse I witnessed several acts of random kindness. A stranger helping a young mother soothe a fussy baby, a white middle aged man helping an elder who was female and black (yes, those descriptors are necessary here in the South) who had dropped something under a shelf. I saw several people let others with less items in their carts go ahead of them in line. And as I was walking my buggy (shopping cart to my non-southern readers) a woman took it from me and put it away for me.

As I shared some of this with a friend he said when something is going wrong and the world just feels like it is full of hate to remember these moments. That meant a lot to me. That it all happened did lighten my day that started very heavy but sharing it with someone special and it having meaning for him meant a lot to me too. Others forget we need these small moments during our messed up busy lives. Living with our human family all around us is hard. Just recognizing the humanity in each of us can bring peace if you let it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...