Saturday, April 4, 2020

Happy 3rd Birthday Eli!!

3 years ago I was at work at my own Mothers Day Out. We called it a Caregivers Day Out program. I was the infant / toddler teacher as well as the director. As I was holding a baby at pick-up time. As parents picked up I told parents that I was in labor and would probably not be thete tomorrow. They were all worried why I was still at work. It was a half day program and pickup was at 1pm. My preschool teacher Maya was a little concerned. Ted was there too as a floater. As soo as all the kids left Ted took ours home and I drove myself to Princeton. It was easier to do that because we lived about 30 to 40 minutes away but I only worked about 5 miles away. I parked far from the entrance on purpose and walked the long hallway to L&D to get my contractions productive. I was the only mom thete. The Midwife had just left for the day and the oncall doctor was on his way. I asked the nurses to leave me alone for a while. I was 4 centimeters dilated so they kept me. I called my mom and husband to update them. With 5 of my 9 kids at home Dad had his hands full. The nurses came in a few hours later to check on me because I was making different noises. Those different noises were me pushing Eli out... I caught him myself. Everyone was laughing. One nuse was having her first day in L&D as a transfer. I let her do everything to help for practice. There was no fuss or anxiety. I was asked to guess his weight. After skin to skin they weighed him at 7 pounds 4 ounces at few days before 39 weeks. I was right on. The nursery nurse said she had never had a mom be exact. I asked her how many had 10 kids?

Happy Birthday Elias Daffyd...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...