Monday, February 21, 2011

Gladiolus, dandelions, and outdoor fun






The kids helped me work in the yard a little today. OK, they worked and I supervised. We planted some gladiolus, weeded some areas, and aerated the soil. We also just plain played in the yard. Ben had a lot of fun pushing a riding toy around. I put up some dandelion flowers to dry. Lyn collected some to make dye out of. (OK, Annika and Eliot actually collected them.)

Because we live in a house that was once my grandparents we still have some of their tools and supplies around. We used Pa's old hoe to break up the soil. I pointed out to the kids how one corner of the hoe was more worn than the other. This showed he used it just like I do so he must have been right handed to have worn down that corner. We miss you Pa.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...