Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Getting ready for Spring

I have been doing a lot of planning for Spring this year. The days are getting longer so I wanted to take advantage of the sunlight. When I got home from work I loaded the kids in the van and headed to the "flower store". That gave Dad a break so he could get dinner ready. We picked up some herbs and some pansies. I also bought a gardenia bush.

Everyone helped get the hanging baskets ready but Lyn really got into it the most. She did not even want to use garden gloves. She wanted to feel the earth in her hands. When we were finished we cleaned everything up and ate dinner on the front porch. Then we took the lantern we keep on the front porch and we went for a walk. We collected some cypress branches and pear blossoms for our baskets on the front porch. We then had a quiet circle where we talked about the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...