Thursday, March 17, 2011

Speech patterns of a 14 year old with Autism


My oldest child will be 15 next month. That just feels so strange to say. He was diagnosed with Autism when he was 3 years old. He was non-verbal for most of his first five years. He was not potty trained till well over the start of kindergarten. Yesterday he was telling me all about the sushi he ate at lunch with his Granny. I wanted to share this video to show how functional and how non-functional conversations with an older child with Autism can be. Every child is different and I am so proud of how far Danny has come. He did not really know I was taking a video so the frame is all over the place....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...