Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How much time outside?

I have been off work all week (sort of). I had to work a bit on Tuesday. I have been working on the yard with a lot of help from the kids and hubby. Today we went for a short hike in the woods near where I grew up. I used to "loose myself" in these woods all during my childhood. We found all kinds of interesting things including this caterpillar nest. Eliot and Lyn were the only kids we had with us.  Later today Annika came with me and the little kids to the church playground at the end of our street. As Annika was swinging she told me they only get two minutes to swing during recess.(She attends public school.) Recess is only 20 minutes long.  Unless I strongly encourage her she would not spend a lot of time outside. I see a lot of children during my job that never have a chance to play outside.  I know that is hard to believe but most either have parents that don't value outdoor play or feel it is not safe in their neighbourhood. As long as I am able my children will always have ample time outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...