Saturday, March 16, 2013

A time for eggs



 
 
 
 


With Spring a few days away and everyone getting ready to go on Easter egg hunts, celebrate the Christian Easter, or the Pagan Oestra, or simply welcome the vernal equinox we think of eggs. They are a symbol of fertility, renewal, and life.You can balance an egg on its small end when the Earth is perfectly aligned at the equinox. They just bring balance to life and are just fun and meaningful not to mention tasty in many forms. One of my favorite eggs is this blue soladite stone egg I own. It warms up as you hold it and is a great meditation piece. It makes for a wonderful focus as you hold it. It sparkles in the sun here. If you look close you can see a rabbit, another fertility symbol and symbol of the season, hiding under the daffodils. Eliot came to join in my picture taking fun by watering my flowers....

The weather is warm and  planted a few seeds today. Bring on Spring......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...