Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Working with oils.. making a warm back rub

 
 
I enjoy making my own health salves and ointments. I am REALLY enjoying working with Young Living Essential Oils. The therapeutic value of them is better than anything else I have worked with. There is a great oil called Panaway which is like a natural Icyhot or Bengay but I just don't really like the smell even though it works wonders. I prefer using "hot" oils that are more spicy than minty mixed with a carrier oil (coconut oil is my favorite). Since I am pregnant I don't use Sage right now but Oregano, Marjoram, and Rosemary work wonders to add heat to a back rub. I added White Angelica to support the spiritual need when pain may be involved and to mellow the scent and feel of the "hot" oils. Working with Oregano can be tricky. With sensitive especially fair skin it can burn with just a drop. I always suggest using it with a carrier oil and having extra carrier oil nearby in case you find you are extra sensitive and need to dilute further. Just rub extra carrier oil on and the heat will decrease. I heated my coconut oil slightly to a total liquid before I added 10 drops of all the essential oils except the Oregano oil. Since it is so hot I only used 5 drops of it. This ensured that everything mixed evenly. It solidified when it cooled and was evenly distributed for future use. A few drops of these in a warm bath followed by this rub mixture makes for a great pain free evening....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...