Thursday, April 16, 2015

Symbols of Beltane

A lot can come to mind when you think of this time of year and Beltane. Fertility is one of them. Literal fertility of encouraging conception and also just fertility of the world around us as new things are growing during this season. Fertility and creativity of thought is also something to think about during Beltane. I chose this Mother figure and these chalices to represent the welcoming female aspect of the concept of fertility. If you look closely the clear chalice has a thistle on it. Thistle and burdock plants hold a lot of meaning for me personally. If I had to pick a talisman plat it would be a thistle. It just feels right to me. They are such a functional helpful plant and herb especially for breastfeeding mothers but they are a tough plant to love. They are prickly and can cause wounds if not harvested properly. They are in bloom this time of year. I need to harvest some for May Day and for my own collection. I finished working on my ceremonial Maypole and I have a picture of the wreath for it pictured here. I think I will practice with the kids this week on a dance around the Maypole. I'll get more pictures of it then. I wanted to show my mortar and pestle here that hint at a yoni and phallic shape. Sorry to be a bit frank but it is a celebration of fertility..... 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...