Saturday, May 4, 2019

Celebrating Danny

I know..... he prefers to be called Dan. Today we celebrated his 23rd birthday. A little late but we had to wait till a Saturday when I was sort of not working. I came off of a double shift 20 hours long and from a church class lasting 4 hours. I was a bit tired but I wanted this day to happen. Lyn is away at drill as a Combat Engineer in the Army Reserves so my granddaughter, her daughter, stood in for her during picture time. Dan and I went out for sushi and then to the store for some top soil and mulch for his garden. Dan and I had some great conversations. It is like we just pick up wherever we left off when we were last together. I count that as one of the blessings of having an adult child with Autism. He tried to connect with Eli and it just melted my heart. I can still see Danny in my mind's eye as that 2 year old that just picks up the yellow jackets even when they sting him.













































No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...