Friday, September 25, 2009

All about Evan











Evan had homework in his preschool class. He had to make a friendship quilt square. For all of those out there who have never had a young preschooler or toddler in daycare this usually consists of designing a piece of paper or poster board. The goal is to put information about the child and his or her family on the paper. Dislikes, pets, siblings, and pictures are usually included. When I was a toddler teacher for years this was not my favorite activity. I enjoyed learning about the children in my class and their families. But, the activity was more for the parents instead of the child. Evan is three now so he got into the project a little bit more than I expected. We kept it short and sweet. He made a hand print. (Of course he had to paint everything else after that.) He told me his favorite snacks. We listed his many brothers and sisters. He shared some of his favorite activities. I then took his oldest sister to her volleyball game (she won). As I had a moment to myself at her game I glued everything onto his poster. I could have involved Evan in this part of the project but a tired mom has to do what she has to do to get it ready for the next day. I left the poster in the car so it would not get destroyed. They next morning (today) I showed Evan the end product as we were walking into his school. He was so proud. I had him hold it up for me to see. I am assuming that he will be sharing this with his class and it will be pieced together with all of his other friends' artwork somewhere for all to see. Some of the goals of this activity for Evan age would be:




1) That he enjoy the sensory creative side of the painting.
2) That he would have letter recognition when he picked out his name.
3) Encouraging social interactions when he share the poster with others.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...