Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birmingham's Railroad Park


We have been hearing about the building of the railroad park downtown for some time now. Some people think it is a waste of money and not really needed. Some people think it will help revitalize downtown and stimulate growth. I'll keep my opinions on that to myself.

The park opened up a few days ago and we took some of the kids there this morning before church. It was already warm. (The high today was 97 degrees.) There were a lot of people already there. We saw joggers, dog walkers, families with children of all ages, park workers texting as the rode bikes on patrol, and Birmingham City policemen on bikes.

It was actually a bit surreal to see the city skyline behind the kids as they played. The soft playground had a collection of climbing structures that I haven't seen before. The wall around the playground was something I haven't ever seen before. It was heavy wire holding large stones together in block form. We had a great time. If anyone is looking for something to do downtown outside go check out the Railroad Park. Click here to see the park's own website.

   
Check out the sidebar to see a slide show with more pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...