Sunday, November 7, 2010

Going for a walk

I am really enjoying this cooler weather. After church today we went for a walk in our neighborhood. I decided to try Ben out in the wagon this time. Usually I either carry him in the sling or push him in the umbrella stroller. He is making such a face in this picture but he did really well. His balance is good and he seemed to enjoy his new vantage point. Evan and Eliot both traded out sharing the wagon with him. He is almost 10 months old.

I did not feel like going inside when we finished our walk. So I spread out the blanket on the back patio and I sat with Evan. We watched Evan and Eliot play in the back yard until everyone ran out of steam. As I sat with Evan I thought of all those families that keep their infants from enjoying the outdoors. So many people feel that a little cool weather is bad for babies. Taking young children outside is so beneficial to their development. It is amazing how much calmer infants become as soon as they go outside. It never fails. If Ben is a bit fussy and we go outside and I sit him down to play he is so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...