Sunday, May 29, 2011

What one can find in one's own backyard



There are numerous weeds, herbs, grasses, and shrubs growing in some overgrown areas near our backyard. For years i have been fascinated with the availability of wild food. I will walk by some plants in a random field and I will notice all  of the edible plants. It may not taste the best but I bet I could live off the land for a little bit. these pictures are of wild carrot. I know you all have seen it beside most roads around here in Alabama. the flowers are pretty amazing. Take a moment one day to stop and take a good look. Check out more info here. T he book I keep going back to reference is this one....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...