Monday, September 12, 2011

Americans just don't eat enough fermented foods...



OK, because you probably can't tell this is a tomato sandwich. Yes we eat them here in the South.  Traditionally you have a large slice of a tomato on white (yuck) bread with mayonnaise. My sandwich tonight had a bit of a twist and a kick. I used toasted whole wheat bread. I added mayonnaise that had mixed dried dandelion leaves and dried nettle leaves in it as well as a dropper of my homemade fermented liver detox / general health tincture. I added some onion, Swiss cheese, and spinach leaves. Now that was some good eating. I had some fresh raw green beans on the side with a carrot.... yes, most of the kids had a variation of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...