Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Fall Equinox


My favorite time of year has arrived. As I was waiting to go to work today I spotted these growing on the roadside. I picked a few to take home. I am not 100% sure they are Black-eyed Susan's but I am going to say they are. Just seeing them today made me happy.

I could not wait to get home today to update our altar for the season and decorate the house a little. I felt rushed all day. I was able to stop by a friend's house though and drop some apples and apple pie fixin's for her kids. She is letting me borrow some books for my post-partum doula training. I am required to read at least 9. Between her and the library I am set and don't have to buy any except those I really want to own.

This friend of mine is pretty amazing. She is the mother to 4 wonderful children. They are smart, beautiful, and just plain COOL! And because she is such a good mother (and her husband is such a great father) the universe has found two more children that need her desperately!!! She is fundraising to bring these two beautiful girls home. They are so close. Take a moment to visit their blog to see their whole story and consider helping the last little way to bring them home.

There is Mayah and Sharon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...