Sunday, February 5, 2012

Homemade shampoo





This is my first attempt at making shampoo. I did not have any castile liquid soap and I was determined to use what I had in the house. It may turn out but it was fun to make. I started with the herbs I wanted to use. I used dried nettle, dried lavender, and fresh rosemary. I used my tiny mortar and pestle to grind the lavender and the rosemary to release some oils. I then put all the herbs into my loose herd tea pot to make a tea. I then got out my melt and pour soap. I melted it and added the tea. I then poured it all into the tall bottle shown above. When it cooled down I added rosemary essential oil and lavender essential oil. I had a lot of tea left over. I will use it for herbal baths and hair rinses.  

1 comment:

  1. I used the shampoo on my hair and on Annika's hair last night. Wow!!! It was thicker than I wanted it but it worked great. My hair feels cleaner than it has felt for a long time and the body... outstanding!

    ReplyDelete

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...