Friday, March 2, 2012

A new addition...

We are adding to our family. Between the middle of May and the beginning of June a little girl will be here. Having another girl will even out the boys and girls. Becoming a mother for the 8th time in my late 30s is so different than becoming a mother for the first time when I was 21. I have grown and changed so much. This pregnancy has been pretty much uneventful except for some horrible migraine issues for a few weeks in the Fall. My weight gain has been a little different this go around too. I lost about 8 pounds in the first trimester even though I did not have a lot of morning sickness or vomiting. I have gradually gained it back and now at almost 30 weeks pregnant I am only one pound heavier than I was at conception. Granted, I was holding onto about 15 pounds from my Connor's pregnancy (3rd child) and about 20 pounds from my last 3 childrens' pregnancies. But that is not supposed to count for new pregnancies. The baby is growing fine and my waistline has expanded. I guess some things have just rearranged. When it is all over with we will see how my weight stands. I am eating my regular diet. It is healthy most days and full of junk food on others. I enjoy a variety of foods but I will break down and eat fast food when I want it. I like to add herbs to my diet and limit the processed foods but I get lazy and order a pizza when I don't want to cook. I am anticipating a birth as easy as Ben's. I will be going to a different hospital than I did with Ben. This little one will be born closer to home. I wish Certified Professional Midwives were legal here. I am a big supporter of home births. I would be OK to have an unplanned home birth if my labor went really fast but because I have had a c-section in the past I am a tiny bit leery of having an unassisted home birth. There is a bill in the Alabama senate right now hoping to change the law so that CPMs can provide much needed care to Alabama mothers legally. Hopefully if my daughters want to give birth in Alabama they will have choices.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...