Sunday, June 21, 2015

Litha

Summer Solstice combined with Father's Day was a reason to celebrate. Spending time with my children was even a better reason. Danny is an adult now and he opted out of participating but that was his choice. After having our CUUPS inspired celebration at the waterfall park we spent some time with my mother. Papa Steve my stepfather always got some extra attention on Father's Day. He probably never expected to have so many step grandchildren. Danny wrote a nice letter. It was nice to have Connor and Annika come visit. The kids all enjoyed themselves and we were able to welcome Summer....







As I let our Spring Mother rest our Red Summer Mother took over...


As a Unitarian Universalist there will always be a Chalice present.




The children made sachet bags filled with red sea salt and the herbs meadowsweet, lavender, chamomile, and most importantly caledula. All of these have symbolism associated with the energy of Summer. The children then sent the left over herbs on their way down the creek to the only free flowing river in Alabama, the Cahaba. This in itself symbolizes to me the continuity of life....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...