Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Making caterpillars

Eliot is my shadow in the morning. This morning she got into some puff balls used for art projects. There was also a caterpillar rattle in the box. So of course she started to make a caterpillar. It makes me smile when children invent play like this. I work so hard to teach children how to do this at my job. A lot of the parents I work with don't see the importance of this skill and belittle these activities. Creating something with meaning out of the pieces of the world around us ties into some many higher level skills that how can you ignore this process? Besides, it's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...