Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Going on an herb hunt....


I am working on setting up a more inviting front porch. I have found some beautiful red geraniums that look great in hanging baskets. The big girls went with me to find some herbs for a planter. I found an herb book at the library that Lyn took with us as a reference. We picked out rosemary, parsley, basil, oregano, and chives. Lyn picked  out a cone flower. We also picked out some seeds for some micro greens, herbs, and vegtables. A neighbor of my mother gave us some wrought iron chairs. They need to be refinished. I am hoping to paint them different colors. Even now they make a welcome addition to the porch. We have been spending a lot more time sitting outside and enjoying the evenings. It is amazing how the little things can bring so much joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...