Friday, July 23, 2010

Candle time

In order to make my front porch inviting and usable I added some candles. The frog actually holds a tea candle and makes nice light patterns when it is dark outside. The kids really enjoy lighting them and "making wishes" as they blow them out. We sat outside two nights ago and watched the candle light under the moon. It was amazing how calm my children became. Each one was asked what good thing happened today or what they were thankful for that day. And then they were asked what did they wish for tomorrow. After some more quiet time they blew out the candles and went inside. And you know what? Some of their wishes came true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...