Friday, July 16, 2010

It's all about the food

Everywhere I turn lately it has been all about food. In my job I work with a lot of infants and toddlers that have special feeding and nutrition needs. I am always worried that my kids are not getting the best nutrition. And being a breastfeeding mom who is trying to loose some weight makes my life focus "all about the food'. Not to mention I enjoy watching all of the cooking shows that are all over cable. Seriously, you can always find one on. My husband and I are planning a date soon to celebrate our birthdays. We are going to go to Whole Foods to shop and eat and probably just come home and take a nap. To top it all off I have been looking at adding a dietician certification to my credentials. That way I could provide even more nutrition support to the families I work with and just be more marketable. I have started growing herbs on my front porch and I am going to try to add more protein and less wheat into our diets at home. Especially for Evan. When he was an infant and young toddler we were watching him closely for celiac disease. His symptoms lessened and he was never tested but he is small for his age. He eats all of the time but it seems like he just doesn't absorb all that he needs to be as healthy as he can be. I'll be trying some new recipes and some new twists on some old dishes to see what I can do to increase the nutritional value in the foods I serve. I have a bean salad in mind for this weekend. I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...