Monday, June 28, 2010

I need some shade...

I have been meaning to plant some trees in the yard for some time now. We get a lot of direct sunlight in the morning in the front of the house. It really heats things up. Seedlings cost a good bit of money.  So we went on a tree hunt near our home. I prefer native trees instead of all of the ornamentals that most people plant in their yards anyway. We found a redbud and an oak tree to transplant. They are tiny. I am hoping they weather the move OK because they are so young. We'll see. They will take a long time to get anywhere near shading the house but it is a start. Maybe in a good 10 to 15 years they will do the job a little bit. Lyn, Evan, and Eliot had fun digging and planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...