Saturday, September 29, 2012

"You'll get chiggers picking those...."

 
After work today on my way home I stopped to pick some Fall wildflowers and grasses that have gone to seed. Some of the grasses have a nice purple color to them. I was not far out on a country road and I was not having car trouble. But, a car slowed down to make sure I was OK. I thanked the woman that stopped and told her I just wanted to pick some flowers. Her response with a smile was, "Be careful, my mama always said you can get chiggers from those...". I told her I would be careful and thanked her again for stopping. Now if that isn't Alabama I don't know what is.

Please comment below if you don't know what a chigger is and I'll redirect you....   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...