Saturday, September 29, 2012

Of the Dark

A poem I wrote that came to me because of a few things going on in my life right now. It is dedicated to someone special but that need not be shared.....




Of The Dark

To have light one must walk through the darkness

In the beginnings before time the cosmos was dark

The light came forth and with it all of who we are

As children were are made of stardust from that darkness

The Earth lay in darkness till the sun shone and life arose

From the darkness of the womb we are born into light

Some walk through the darkness of their minds till the light of friendship and family come to them

Some bask in the darkness and praise the light as the day breaks

Without darkness there is no light


 

Susan Betke
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...