Friday, April 26, 2013

17 years ago my first child was due to be born...

Of course he wasn't actually born till 4 days later. I cannot believe Danny is almost 17 years old. I was that age when I met his father. For almost a year or so I have not spent much time with Danny for a lot of reasons. A lot has to do with the fact that he lives mainly with his father, he is Autistic, and as a young man has shown some disturbing violent tendencies.

Today was a good day. All of the kids and my mother celebrated an early birthday with Danny. We went to my favorite place, the waterfall in Helena. Danny had sushi and everyone else enjoyed cupcakes and fruit.

I really connected with Danny today. He talked to me a lot. We share some common interest in herbal teas. I found a great book on Japanese tea ceremony. I also parted with a teapot from my collection made from Chinese purple clay. Danny even picked through my dried herbal collection for some herbs to be use in tea making.

I had a small mortar and pestle left over from the craft show and when I offered it to him he practically snatched it from my hands. I know he will put it to good use.

All in all it was a good afternoon. Connor still has some difficulty separating from his father. For a 12 and a half year old he is extremely attached to his dad to the point that he is unable to function in public social situations. I am very worried about him. He is my son and it is my job to protect him.

All the little kids enjoyed themselves. Eliot enjoys having her biggest brothers to talk to even if she gets on their nerves. That doesn't stop her. Lyn of course was a typical teenager and just texted her friends all afternoon. Elaina and Ben played and called the shots and Evan tried to be the boss and Annika tried to be the little mama. All normal in my household....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...