Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My fennel heart

 
As I culled my fennel today to share with a neighbor the little kids wanted a taste. Annika decided she wanted to take some for snack tomorrow to school. She brought it inside and I showed her how to clean and prepare it. She thought it looked like a heart... And since Annika is blessed to be unique enough to have double superior vena cavas (the veins that drain the blood from the head and neck into the heart) this fennel piece was grown just for her!!

I agree

Fennel is one of my favorite vegetables. It is sweet. It tastes and smells just like licorice. I love making fennel tea. the smell alone relaxes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...