Monday, April 22, 2013

Annika's speech evaluation

 
Annika was a little nervous during her speech evaluation. Annika does not have any difficulty with articulation but she has difficulty with language processing at times. I am curious to see how she scores on this test. In my line of work I spend so much time just trying to get a young child to say any sound that seeing how an older child processes language is an interesting experience. After we get the results we will see if she needs any regular therapy. I feel she would benefit from therapy but we will see....


 
The therapist and I cut her evaluation short. We will finish it at another session. She just could not quite complete the test. It was a long process. I am very proud of her. Her vocabulary is large and she understands idioms well. I knew all of that though already. We will see how she does with pragmatics....

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...