Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Elaina is 17 months old today!



So hard to believe that this little baby is not so little anymore. She is technically still an infant and will be a big sister in a few weeks. She is covered in carrot cake not some exotic rash. She is getting over a long sort of strange illness. Probably just a cold gone wrong. She has spiked a fever in the evenings for about a week and had a cough and a little bit of a runny nose. Grumpiness and not being able to sleep were her biggest symptoms. I only wish I were still breastfeeding her. As soon as her new sister arrives I will try to get her to latch on to nurse again but I am OK if she will just take some breast milk in a bottle or a cup. This pregnancy robbed her of the time breast feeding that I wanted to give her. But we can play catch up. I really wanted her to have 2 full years of "mama milk" .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...