Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Bringing a more natural feel to my class





I am enjoying working with my toddler class but I do miss the outdoors. I also really like to work with wood and non plastic toys. These birch rings and wooden nesting chicken with baby chicks in the eggs are a great way for the children to practice fine motor skills. The kids explored the wood and they had to open the eggs to get to the baby chickens. The kids really loved this activity. I think I may get some blank nesting dolls to color and use in a nesting / color center. I also brought some stones into the class for the kids to explore. They really enjoyed them. I think I am going to bring in some cotton I harvested last Fall for them to explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...