Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Modest swimsuits...

There are ways to dress modestly while swiming even on a budget. I have an old swim dress that has a lot of length to it. It is way too immodest up top. I just added my swim top under it and my swim leggings. Being attractive to get attention is not my goal. I attend a therapy pool and some patrons wear modest clothing others wear what is consideted the "typical" one piece skin tight cleavage showing swim suits marketed toward mature women. These are accepted in our culture now. Many of the women I participate in therapy with are in their 70s and 80s. I guess over time their ideas of modesty just adjust with time. That is part of my post... Why do women and to some extent men feel that respecting their bodies is dictated by fashion ads, media, and what everyone else is doing? Swimming helps my health. It is a challenge though to avert my eyes and try not to share my beliefs too strongly. I haven't gotten my testimony up to being overly vocal unless I am just having a casual conversation and my suit comes up. Mature women always respect my choices but they never seem to think they are flaunting their bodies. I see married women flirting with their spouses right there. These individuals are my mother's age. This gives me so much strength to not let their age influence me. I know it seems strange but you would think the teenagers or women my own age (40s) would test my testimony. I never thought the women a generation ahead of me would be a test. I just don't understand why the Bible can't just be maintained as a guide. Why does society have to be so strong an influence.... 

Satan owns the common man. Sin becomes more and more common place and acceptable each day. I pray for my own soul and for strength. But, my children.... I remember the pressures I went through at their ages. I will protect and educate them on what good choices are. I floundered through my teenage years and don't want the pain that haunts me to haunt me...







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...