Saturday, March 13, 2010

Always a book in his hand



Danny has always enjoyed reading books. When he was a toddler he could sit for a long time and look at books. He never tore them up. At the time I did not realize such a specific intense interest in certain things was a sign of autism. Now I am thankful that Danny chooses to become enthralled with something that teaches him something. He pretty much always has a book close at hand. He likes nonfiction but he will read an age appropriate novel too. He had a bit of a struggle when learning to read. His teachers were trying to use phonics but he learned to read using whole word sight methods. He reads way above his grade level now. In fact he rarely forgets what he reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...