Tuesday, December 21, 2010

10 years ago....

Ten years ago it was a really cold day. There was ice on the roads. No one in their right mind would venture out. Well, about 9pm the night before December 21st, 2010 I was 9 months pregnant with my 3rd child and I just knew labor was starting. I went to bed and tried to get some rest. In the wee hours of the morning I was up and pacing. My partner at the time was trying to help and when I knew things were getting close around dawn we headed to the hospital that was close to 30 miles away. We made it through the ice. I was 9 centimeters dilated by the time I was checked. I asked for an epidural (I should have just held off). I am fine with the labor part. It is the pushing part that I am a little anxious about experiencing. I got my epidural for pushing. I pushed a few times. The doctor was a bit impatient and used a vacuum extractor and there was Connor. At the time he was my biggest baby weighing in at 8 pounds 3 ounces. (Evan has him beat by half an ounce.) Connor has a special place in my heart. He is so good with his younger siblings. Evan just adores him. Thank you Connor for coming into my life and into my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...