Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Earth gives....






Yesterday we celebrated all the good things that the earth provides for us. We went for a walk and collected pine cones, pine and cedar branches, red and blue berries (not sure of the species of tree), and twigs. We sat in a circle and described wheat we found. I showed the kids how to bruise the leaves so that their smell is released more. We then pulled out the jute twine and Evan, Annika, and Lyn all made small ornaments, talismans, garnish, decorations. I am not really sure what they actually are. Annika hung hers from her bed post. Evan hung his from a window blind hook and Lyn added hers to the family altar. The left over cedar and pine went in the fire and added such a nice smell and atmospher to teh home.

1 comment:

Happy 25th Birthday Lyn

My oldest daughter is 25 today. She has accomplished so much in her life. I am so proud of her. She was such a delightful surprise when I wa...